Consistent quality and flexible strength for models, crafts and more!
Revell Basswood is sourced from wood mills in Michigan and Indiana, and prized for its light color, fine grain and subtle figure. The process begins with basswood logs, which are hand-sorted to identify imperfections. Logs are cut into rough-cut timbers, which are kiln-dried to Revell specifications to reduce the chances of case hardening, which causes warping during production. Imperfections are removed before stick and sheet production to minimize waste and assure fine, flawless appearance.
- Domestically sourced from Northern Michigan, Wisconsin and Indiana
- Hand-sorted and free of imperfections
- Kiln-dried to Revell specifications to reduce the chances of case hardening, which causes warping during production
- Cut on state-of-the-art equipment for tolerances to +/- .002″
- Natural light-colored wood with a tight grain structure
- Can be stained or painted to represent any wood type
- Heavier, denser and stronger than balsa
- More crush-resistant than balsa
- Bends to create flowing lines and follow curves
- Economical choice for musical instruments, miniatures, crafts and all types of model building
- Easily worked with hobby, hand and high-speed rotary tools
- Ideal for building frameworks and reinforcing key stress points
- Perfect medium for a variety of school, art, and craft projects
- Length: 24 inches
- Width: 1/8 inches
- Thickness: 1/8 inches
- Package Quantity: 48 pieces
- Slightly heavier, denser and stronger than balsa, Revell Basswood is an economical choice for a wide variety of hobby, school, art, and craft projects.
- Hand-sorted and free of imperfections for consistent quality and a superior finish.
- More crush-resistant than balsa. Bends to create flowing lines and follow curves.
- Ideal for building frameworks and reinforcing key stress points.
- Easily worked with hobby, hand and high-speed rotary tools.